The closest airport is Portland International Airport (PDX). We urge you to consider using public transportation during your visit to Portland.
The MAX Light Rail – Red Line is Portland’s efficient light-rail system that runs from Portland International Airport (PDX) to downtown Portland. Pioneer Square South (Stop ID: 8334) is located 1.5 blocks from the Portland Hilton Downtown. Google Map with Details
The MAX light rail Red Line is the easiest way to travel to and from the airport. Here are some quick facts:
- The trip between the airport and downtown Portland takes about 38 minutes.
- An adult ticket costs $2.50 – Youth $1.25 – Honored Citizen $1.25 (Honored Citizens are 65+, Medicare, or physical/mental disability. Proof of Eligibility required.)
- MAX ticket machines return change in coins, so small bills are recommended.
- You can roll your luggage on board.
- The first train of the day arrives at PDX at 4:45 a.m. The last train departs PDX at 11:50 p.m.
- The MAX station and ticket machines are located on the lower level, next to the south baggage claim area (turn right at the base of the escalator). View airport map.
For complete schedules and more information, visit www.trimet.org/schedules/maxredline.htm.
Driving Directions from Portland International Airport
From Airport Way: RT on HWY 205 South; RT on I-84 west; Approx. 4 miles, Follow signs to City Center/Morrison St. Go over Morrison Bridge; Go straight 5 blocks; LT on SW Broadway; LT on Salmon, LT on SW 6th Ave. Front doors will be on the left.
Distance from Hotel: 10 mi.
Drive Time: 30 min.
Lyft and Uber both operate in Portland.
Valet parking at the Hilton is $50 per day – mention you are with the Sea Grant Group (no self-parking or over sized vehicles)
For other parking lots in the Hilton area click here.